Filing a tax return is very important for a working individual so that he can save on some extra bugs. It is necessary for every individual to pay state and central taxes as well as file a tax return. To serve this purpose, several individuals use tax filing software and one such among them is TurboTax.
The software is used by many people so that they can easily calculate, ask questions about tax returns, and file tax returns as well. Moreover, users do not need to undergo a lot of hassle for doing so. Just one-time TurboTax login is enough to get all this done.
Why is it necessary to download a copy of tax returns?
With the TurboTax login tax return, you can easily get a copy of your previously filed taxes. Keeping a copy of the same is necessary to keep a record of the tax returns. This is also important because, along with it, you also get everything that was sent to government officials by TurboTax. You also get additional documents as well as worksheets on which calculations are made. But, you will not get some documents or forms that are provided to you via the email. It won’t include documents such as W-2s or 1099s. These are available with the payroll department or concerned authorities.
Steps to download a copy of tax return
Follow the steps given below carefully to download a copy of the tax returns you have filed in the previous years.
- First of all, you simply need to complete the process of the TurboTax login. Use a similar account with which you have filed the TurboTax login tax return.
- Now, from your account, select the ‘Download’ option.
- Further, you need to scroll down and go to the ‘Your tax returns & documents’.
- Here, you might need to select the Show option, only if it is needed.
- After this, again select the Download option.
- As soon as you click on this option, you will see that the file is downloading.
- You nay check the progress in the taskbar.
- When the download process is complete, locate the PDF file on your device.
- Click on the file to open it and then view it.
Make sure your device has supporting PDF viewer in order to view as well as print the document. Most of the devices do have such kinds of software. If it is mot there, then you need to download one such software.
Print the copy of filed tax returns
You can not only download the copy of tax returns, but also take its printout for serving a specific purpose. Therefore, you can follow the steps given below carefully to print the copy of tax returns.
- To print this document, begin by completing the TurboTax login process.
- After this, open the tax return document you wish to print.
- Now, navigate to the ‘File’ menu. This is available in the upper left corner.
- Now, click on the ‘Print’ option.
- Here, you will see a pop-up window from where you need to select the document you wish to print.
- After choosing the document, select ‘Preview Print Copy’.
- Now, the document will open and you can view it through the compatible software on your device such as Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Next, tap on the ‘Printer’ icon available in the upper left corner.
- Make changes for how you wish to print the document.
- Finally, click on the ‘Print’ option to print the downloaded tax return document.
You can also download the file to retain the record of the downloaded file and view it whenever required. You should always keep a copy of the tax returns you file because it is a very important financial document that could serve an important purpose in the future.